Christ in Our Home devotions Feb 29 - Mar 6, 2016

Christ In Our Home Devotions

4th Sunday in Lent
God’s grace to us is amazing.


1. Make the sign of the cross over yourself and say:
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.


2. Pray Luther’s Morning or Evening Prayer:
I thank you, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, your dear Son, that you have kept me this night from all harm and danger. Keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please you. Into your hands I commend my body and soul and all things. Let your holy angel be with me, that the wicked foe may have no power over me. Amen.

I thank you, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, your dear Son, that you have graciously kept me this day. Forgive me all my sins, and graciously keep me this night. Into your hands I commend my body and soul and all things. Let your holy angel be with me, that the wicked foe may have no power over me. Amen.


3. Pray the Lord’s Prayer:
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and forever. Amen.


4. Pray the Prayer of the Week
Almighty God, we confess that we deserve to be punished for our evil deeds.  But we ask you graciously to cleanse us from all sin and to comfort us with your salvation; through your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

5. Say the Apostles’ Creed:
     I believe in God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth.
     I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell. The third day he rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
     I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.


6. Pray the Psalm of the Week: Psalm 32
Refrain: Remember your mercy, O Lord;
remember your mercy and love.

Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven,*
whose sins are covered.
When I kept silent, your hand was heavy upon me;*
my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer.
Then I acknowledged my sin to you*
and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,”*
and you forgave the guilt of my sin.

Refrain

You are my hiding place;*
you will protect me from trouble.
Many are the woes of the wicked,*
but the LORD’S unfailing love surrounds those who trust in him.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son*
       and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning,*
      is now, and will be forever. Amen.

Refrain



7. Say the Verse of the Week:
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  (John 3:16)


8. Read a Devotion or the Following Suggested Scriptures
M: Numbers 24-25; Mark 8:11-21
T: Numbers 26-27; Mark 8:22-38
W: Numbers 28-29; Mark 9:1-29
T: Numbers 30-31; Mark 9:30-50
F: Numbers 32-33; Mark 10:1-31
S: Numbers 34-36; Mark 10:32-52
S: Deuteronomy 1-2; Mark 11:1-19 & Worship in the House of the Lord


9. Prayer of JOY: Jesus; Others; and Yourself


10. Sing or Say the Hymn of the Week: 
CW 379  Amazing Grace—How Sweet the Sound
1  Amazing grace—how sweet the sound—That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost but now am found, Was blind but now I see.

2  The Lord has promised good to me; His Word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be As long as life endures.

Text: John Newton, 1725–1807, st. 1-3, abr.; John P. Rees, 19th century, st. 4.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water into blood and water into wine

Justified in Jesus

Jesus has prepared a place for you - A funeral sermon for Jim Hermann