Christ in Our Home Feb 1-7, 2016

Christ In Our Home Devotions

Transfiguration
Jesus reveals his full glory.


1. Make the sign of the cross over yourself and say:
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.


2. Pray Luther’s Morning or Evening Prayer:
I thank you, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, your dear Son, that you have kept me this night from all harm and danger. Keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please you. Into your hands I commend my body and soul and all things. Let your holy angel be with me, that the wicked foe may have no power over me. Amen.

I thank you, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, your dear Son, that you have graciously kept me this day. Forgive me all my sins, and graciously keep me this night. Into your hands I commend my body and soul and all things. Let your holy angel be with me, that the wicked foe may have no power over me. Amen.


3. Pray the Lord’s Prayer:
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and forever. Amen.


4. Pray the Prayer of the Week
Lord God, before the suffering and death of your one and only Son, you revealed his glory on the holy mountain.  Grant that we who bear his cross on earth may behold by faith the light of his heavenly glory and so be changed into his likeness; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.
5. Say the Apostles’ Creed:
     I believe in God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth.
     I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell. The third day he rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
     I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.


6. Pray the Psalm of the Week: Psalm 148
Refrain: Forever let us sing the goodness of the Lord.

Praise the LORD from the heavens,*
praise him in the heights above.
Praise him, all his angels,*
praise him, all his heavenly hosts.
Praise him, sun and moon,*
praise him, all you shining stars.

Refrain

Praise the LORD from the earth,*
lightning and hail, stormy winds that do his bidding,
you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars,*
wild animals and all cattle, small creatures and flying birds,
kings of the earth and all rulers on earth,*
young men and maidens, old men and children.
Let them praise the name of the LORD,*
for his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son*
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning,*
is now, and will be forever. Amen.

Refrain


7. Say the Verse of the Week:
Alleluia. A voice came from the cloud: "This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him." Alleluia. (Mark 9:7b)


8. Read a Devotion or the Following Suggested Scriptures
M: Exodus 34:29-35; 2 Corinthians 3:12-18
T: 2 Corinthians 4:3-6; 2 Corinthians 4:7-12
W: 2 Corinthians 4:13-18; 1 Peter 2:9-10
T: Galatians 1:11-24; Acts 26:4-20
F: Matthew 16:24-28; Colossians 1:24-29
S: Philippians 3:20-4:1; Revelation 1:9-18
S: Worship in the House of the Lord


9. Prayer of JOY: Jesus; Others; and Yourself


10. Sing or Say the Hymn of the Week: 
CW 97  Down from the Mount of Glory
1  Down from the mount of glory Came Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Recall the wondrous story, Rich gem in sacred Word.
Again your faith will view him In double glory here;
The greater homage due him Will in your life appear.

2  Transfigured, Christ, the lowly, Stood radiant in the light,
Light found in Godhead solely, For human eyes too bright.
Then came a voice from heaven, Confirmed what here we see;
The words “my Son” were given To seal his deity.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water into blood and water into wine

Justified in Jesus

Jesus has prepared a place for you - A funeral sermon for Jim Hermann