Time Pressures

Do you remember the White Rabbit in Alice In Wonderland who was late for a very important date? Let's talk about frantic schedules and the stress they cause.

The White Rabbit comically roars through the pages of Alice In Wonderland, clutching his pocket watch and scurrying off to a distant appointment. But trying to keep up with our day-to-day schedules can be far from comical.
I've found that my over-booked schedule actually runs more smoothly when I add something more to it.

Crazy, right?!

What I add is time to listen to God talk with me as I read His Word and speak with Him in prayer. Taking time for those Father/son talks helps me focus on what is important the rest of the day and keeps my thinking straight. Best of all, it gives God a chance to remind me how much He loves me.

Maybe you would find that time with God helpful, too.

This summer we are giving your family the opportunity to spend an entire week listening to God speak to you and then you talk to Him in return.

Your children who are entering 2nd through 7th grades can go to First Evan Lutheran Church downtown on Villa St for a Sports Bible Camp in the morning. Then your whole family – adults, teens and children can come to Epiphany Lutheran Church for a Family VBS every evening from 6:00 – 8:30 pm.

Even if you don’t have children, this is a great VBS for you! Monday, July 12 through Friday, July 16.
“The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.” - Psalm 145:18

Take a break by adding something extra to your schedule next week – God’s Word!

Who knows, maybe that's what the White Rabbit needed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justified in Jesus

Water into blood and water into wine

Jesus has prepared a place for you - A funeral sermon for Jim Hermann