Saints Triumphant Prayer

Almighty God, in whose glorious presence live all who depart in the Lord and before whom all the souls of the faithful who are delivered of the burden of the flesh are in joy and contentment, we give You hearty thanks for Your loving-kindness to all Your servants who have finished their course in faith and now rest from their labors. After each name is read, the date that saint was called home to heaven and an accompanying Bible verse, there will be a ringing of a chime and a moment of silence to thank God for allowing these faithful servants to be among us at Epiphany for such a short time and becoming a blessing to our lives.
 
Name:  Lorraine Mielke             Called to heaven: February 24, 2012
I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God.             (Job 19:25-26)
 
Name:  Ethel Korntved                          Called to heaven: August 1, 2012
For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone.  If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.  (Romans 14:7-8)
 
Name:  Christ Johnson               Called to heaven: August 4, 2012
Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom… I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.  (Luke 23:42-43)
 
Name:  Nadine Decker              Called to heaven: August 8, 2012
I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes in him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; He has crossed over from death to life.  (John 5:24)
 
Name: Lois Miner                    Called to heaven: November 10, 2012
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
 
Name: Vernice Laduron           Called to heaven: November 12, 2012
I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in Me will never die. (John 11:25-26)
           
Rejoicing in the faithful confession of those who have gone before us and are at peace, we give thanks to you Lord. We pray that Christ’s defeat of death by His sacrificial death and resurrection may bring true and lasting comfort and the hope of a joyful reunion at the heavenly feast to those who mourn. Heavenly Father, as we are strangers and pilgrims on earth, set our minds on things above, rejoicing in our citizenship in the heavenly Jerusalem. Open our lips that our mouths may confess the salvation for all won by Your only-begotten Son, who with You and the Holy Spirit are one God, now and forever. Amen.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justified in Jesus

Water into blood and water into wine

Jesus has prepared a place for you - A funeral sermon for Jim Hermann