Unlimited access

I think we would all agree that the President of the United States is one of the most powerful people in the whole world.  If I go to Washington DC and visit the White House, what do you think my chances were of walking into the Oval Office and sitting down and talking with President Obama?  Slim to none!   If I wanted to get on my phone and call President Obama or text him a message about what I thought he should do for me and my country, do you think I would ever get through to him?  Oh, I doubt it!   What if I wanted to enjoy some of the perks President Obama enjoys, like riding on Air Force One or receiving the “Red Carpet” treatment wherever I go?  It is pretty simple.  You and I don’t have access to people and luxuries like this, or do we?

While I may not live in a big white house on Pennsylvania Ave. in Washington DC, or get flown around in my own personal jet or receive the “Red Carpet” treatment wherever I go, I do have access to something far greater than any of these great earthly perks.  The apostle Paul reminds us that we have the greatest perk of all.  We have access to our almighty and powerful triune God and all that he has to offer, “We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace which we now stand.”

Think about the access we have.  We have access to God’s grace and love through faith which “has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.”  We have access to our God’s grace in which we now stand and all the benefits that go along with he has given us on the cross through Jesus his Son.  Chapter 4 of Romans talked about the fact that God had credited his righteousness to Abraham and us and chapter 5 reminds us that we have access to this righteousness through faith.


Far too often, we turn the study of our almighty and triune God into something that is so deep.  In its simplest form, on this Holy Trinity Sunday, we can never let the power and grace and love that our Triune God has and gives to us be underestimated.  While I may not understand this great truth because of my feeble and sinful mind, the benefits that God has given to me are mine personally through faith and are 100% certain and life changing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justified in Jesus

Water into blood and water into wine

Jesus has prepared a place for you - A funeral sermon for Jim Hermann