What is a Lutheran?


Dear WLS parents,

You are sending your children to Wisconsin Lutheran School. The school is operated by Epiphany Lutheran and First Evangelical Lutheran Churches. The churches and school are a part of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.

So, what does it mean to be Lutheran? Why have you chosen a Lutheran school for your child’s education? Why is being Lutheran so important?

To be Lutheran is to be a person who says, “This is what God’s Word, the Bible teaches. If God says it, then I believe it, because it is true.” To be Lutheran is to say, “I am a sinner who has offended a holy and righteous, but God has saved me by His grace alone through His Son, Jesus Christ.” To be a Lutheran is to say, “I can never do enough good deeds to make up for all of my sins against God, but God has saved me through the gift of faith in His Son’s sacrifice on the cross.” To be a Lutheran is to say, “I am saved by grace alone, through faith alone, and I learn of this in God’s Word alone.”

Join us at Epiphany Lutheran Church this Sunday so you and your family may understand more of what it means for them to be taught in a Lutheran school. Worship times are at 8:00 and 10:30 am.

By grace, through faith, in the Word alone,

Pastor Michael Zarling

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justified in Jesus

Water into blood and water into wine

Jesus has prepared a place for you - A funeral sermon for Jim Hermann